It is normal to feel the fear of the unknown or get perturbed by the thought of a future happening. These feelings may gradually calm down and eventually fade away within minutes. But when the constant trepidation and worry transforms into a severe panic at epidemic levels, it is a cause of concern. According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), “While ‘anxiety is a normal reaction to stressful and uncertain situations’, when anxiety interferes with daily tasks, it may be more serious than average anxiety.”
Suffering From Anxiety?
The Care You Need
Is A Phone Call Away
for help in your area
Busy, urban environments can restore self-control in people suffering from neuroticism, says a recent study. “Where should you go to restore your cognitive abilities? It depends. If you’re neurotic — we found that you might want to spend your time in busy, dynamic environments. If you’re not neurotic — do the opposite,” said a team of researchers from Providence College in Rhode Island.
Florida Helpline for Anxiety is here to connect you with the medical professionals you need to help you gain control over your anxiety. Call us today to get started.
- Genome-wide association study highlights strong genetic correlation between ASRD and depression
- Practice meditation to mitigate stress and anxiety
- Cole Sprouse gets candid about his battle with social anxiety disorder
- Bullet journaling can help mitigate anxiety symptoms
- Not only dementia patients, even caregivers need support